Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Home Tour Edition

Hi... welcome to our home tour! We live near Dripping Springs, Texas (about 20 miles west of Austin). Our house sits on 0.87 acres, and we custom-built it in 2013. It's actually FOR SALE now, so if you're interested, leave a comment! :-) Here are aerial photos of the front and back yard.
And here's a better view of our front yard. I love our big front porch, the double doors (painted such a pretty blue) and the cedar columns and shutters. Our home is mostly one story, with only a guest room with an en-suite bathroom upstairs (which is great for when my mom or other family or friends spend the night). 
Here's our entry way, looking into the house. Our office is to the left through the French doors, and the dining room to the right.
 Here's the opposite view of the entry.
And a peek to the right into the dining room.
Our dining room table is nearly nine years old and from Pottery Barn. I had the chairs made at the same time we got the table from a place online called Carrington Court Direct... and I love how they turned out!
And here's our office. My husband often works from home, so we have two desks.
As you continue to walk through the entry, you come into our open kitchen and living room.
The lights in the entry, dining room and kitchen are from a place in Austin called Four Hands.
The backsplash is tile that looks like wood.
All of our couches (his are the dark brown, mine are the tan ) were purchased more than 10 years ago, right before we started dating. Off to the left, you can see the area that is our play room and leads to the kids' bedrooms.
We do most of our TV watching here. The door off to the left in this view goes to our coat closet, linen closet and our master bedroom.
This is our playroom. I love all the windows! 
Here is my son's bedroom. It's big enough to hold a two-person tent and a train table... both of which he likes to keep set up!
And here's our daughter's room.
The kiddos' bathroom is near both rooms. I don't have a shower curtain on it because my daughter takes baths, and my son prefers to take showers in our bathroom. There's also a walk-in shower in the guest bathroom upstairs.
Here's our master bedroom. I would say that it's very undecorated because it's listed for sale... but the truth is that even though we have been in the house for nearly two years, I never took the time to hang much on the walls! But we're usually only in here at night, and to me, it's actually quite serene and peaceful.
Here's our master bathroom. We have really long, tall counters, a great jetted tub and a pretty big shower.
Our master closet is one of my favorite spots... it's huge (this is just one side of it)!
Back toward the kitchen, we have a mud room near the laundry room and the door to our garage.

The stairs lead up to our guest room... which also contains our workout equipment.
And then here's our back patio. You can have about 15 people sitting/standing on this back patio and still not feel too crowded. We like to sit outside while barbecuing and watching football on the TV.
And that's our house! We love it and will be sad to leave it... but my job is 40 miles away, and for the last year, I've spent about 2.5 hours on the road every day. It will be nice to be back in Austin and closer to work, which will give me more time at home with the kids!

9 comments:

Emily | Timeless Paper said...

I really enjoyed your home tour and how clean and simple everything is! Thanks for sharing with us!

christina @ the new mrs said...

I love your spacious back yard and the gorgeous hardwood floors!

Stacey said...

Your home is gorgeous!! I bet it will sell in a heartbeat. My dad lives near you in Lockhart. :)

Jenn said...

I love your house. I would buy it in a heartbeat if B didn't work in San Antonio. Good luck with the move back into Austin!

Colleen said...

I love your house! The natural light and clean lines are awesome. If we could move back to the hill country, I would buy it in a second.

Jasmin said...

Your home is beautiful! I love all the neutral colors. I especially love how spacious and open the backyard is-- something we don't see very often here in Los Angeles when home hunting. I'm sure your home will sell quickly. Good luck!

Jasmin
www.jasminlovescoffee.blogspot.com

Jill McMeans said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing! XO

Jenna L said...

Your home is gorgeous. I love the open concept. I also love your kitchen and kitchen island. Thank you for sharing!

Stephanie Spring said...

This is absolutely beautiful!